STEP 1 - In Mal's
Log into Mal's - http://mals-e.com.
Go to Cart Setup -> Advanced Settings -> Remote Call
The HTTP call must be set up in Mals for the inventory control and order tracking to work.
- URL: yoursite.com/go/finish.php, where you replace "yoursite" with your actual site name. ie.) If your site is windywillows.com, use windywillows.com/go/finish.php.
- Do NOT add http:// to the beginning of the URL.
- Method: Select POST for the method.
- Do NOT select "Debug mode".
- Save your configuration.
- IMPORTANT: If you use PayPal on this site, you must follow the PayPal setup instructions to make sure a customer is taken back to the cart after an order!
Cart Setup -> Customize -> Continue shopping button
Appending the cart content allows the continue shopping button in the cart to go back to the item you were originally viewing.
- Select 'Hyperlink'
- Check the box marked "Append cart content vars".
- Save your configuration.
Cart Setup -> Email Settings -> Order Notifications
We recommend using a domain email or Gmail email address for order notifications. Mailings may not work seamlessly with free emails like AOL or Yahoo email
Cart Setup -> Payment Methods
Select the payment processor or method you will use to take payments from customers. Make sure you use a processor that works with 'Remote call' in the payment processor list.
Cart Setup -> Payment Methods -> PayPal
If you are using PayPal as a payment processor:
- PAYPAL ACCOUNT ID: enter your Paypal email
- If your Mal's has a section named "Return link from PayPal" select the first option "return the customer direct to your website using the return link from your cart set-up"
- Select the 'IPN - Instant Payment Notification' checkbox. (If you do not, a customer can close the window and it won't post back.)
Adjust other settings on the page as needed for your company
Cart Setup -> Customize -> Return Link
- Your website address: In this field, add yoursite.com/go/return.php (note: no http://)
- Select 'Form button with the word CONTINUE. POST request.'
- OR -
Select 'Form button using the text above. POST request.' and enter some text in the 'Text for the link' box.
Step 1 - In Storeadmin
Create a thank you page.
- Administration -> Catalog Setup -> Mals-E Cart ID
Make sure this is set to be your Mals-E user name. It's important there are NO spaces before or after the cart ID!
- Administration -> Catalog Setup -> Mals-E Server
This may be auto filled with a default server so make sure this is set to be your Mals-E server. This is listed in the new account sign up email get after joining Mal's and should only be the www part (ie.ww8 or ww12, etc.)
- Web Site -> Pages -> Add Page
You only have to add a thank you page if you are using PayPal as a payment processory. Click the Add New Page button
- Page Title - Name it Thank You or Order Completed or whatever you choose
- Page Name - This should auto fill for you ( you don't have to put anything in this field )
- Show Link? - Set this to NO
- Content - copy and paste the following into the page editor
Thank you for your payment. Your transaction has been completed, and a receipt for your purchase has been emailed to you. You may log into your account at https://www.paypal.com to view details of this transaction.
- No need to change any other fields
- Save this page to your web site.
STEP 2 - At Paypal
If you don't have a PayPal account click here to open one. It is free and only takes a few minutes. You must set up a Business account, rather than a Personal account (or upgrade from Personal) to automate inventory control or log orders and sales. Personal accounts can be used with the cart, but the inventory control and order tracking will not work!
Once you have your account setup or if you already have your account setup you will need to take the following steps:
My Account -> Profile -> Profile Settings -> MY Selling Tools -> Website Payment Preferences ( click UPDATE link )
If you are using PayPal as a payment type, you must turn the 'Auto Return' setting On. This automates the return back to Mals after a customer pays via PayPal. (If this setting is turned off, the cart will require the customer to push a button to go back to the cart, and not all customers will do this.)
Auto Return for Website Payments -> Return URL
The Auto Return setting requires a thank you page to return to after the payment is made. Create the page in your storeadmin, following PayPal's thank you page rules (shown on the auto return setting page) and enter the URL in the space provided in PayPal. Other settings on this page
- Payment Data Transfer(optional)
- Set this to "OFF"
- Encrypted Website Payments
- Set this to "OFF"
- PayPal Account Optional (This allows people to pay you with a credit card or e-check without having to have a PayPal account.)
- Choose 'On'
- Contact Telephone Number
- Choose "Off (PayPal recommends this option)"
- Express Checkout Settings
Once you have updated your accounts, when a customer makes a purchase and pays via PayPal, they will automatically be taken to the Mals-E cart finish page, or to your thank you page if they didn't go through Mals to purchase your products.