If you have inventory control or order problems ( not posting back ) please check the following:
1. At Mal's: Check these settings
- Cart Setup -> Advanced Settings -> Remote Call
The HTTP call must be set up in Mals for the inventory control and order tracking to work.
- URL: In the URL field, make sure it says yourdomainname.com/go/finish.php (note: no http://). Changing yourdomainname.com to your actual domain name
- Method: Select POST for the method.
- Debug: In the HTTP call area of Mals, check the 'debug' box ONLY if you have problems with the inventory control and want to track whether Mals is processing the call. Do not keep the debug checked permanently.
* If you do set the Debug, do it for just a few test orders (with every payment type you're using), and then send us the emails you get from Mals as a result. That will help us troubleshoot further.
- Cart Setup -> Payment Methods -> PayPal
Make sure that you enter your PayPal email address and then:
- If your Mal's has a section named "Return link from PayPal" select the first option "return the customer direct to your website using the return link from your cart set-up"
- Select the 'IPN - Instant Payment Notification' checkbox. (If you do not, a customer can close the window and it won't post back.)
- Cart Setup -> Customize -> Return Link
- Your website address: In this field, add yoursite.com/go/return.php (note: no http://)
- Select 'Form button with the word CONTINUE. POST request.' OR Select 'Form button using the text above. POST request.' and enter some text in the 'Text for the link' box.
- Cart Setup -> Email Settings -> Order Notifications
- If you are still having problems with inventory and are not getting debugs, try changing your email address in Mals, especially if you are using an AOL email or a free email like Hotmail. If you are using a domain email or another email that resides on the same server that the site is on, it may be that the server is not processing calls. Try using a gmail email, at least temporarily, which seems to work very reliably.
- After changing your email, if you receive debug messages from Mals that read 'Connection failed: Couldn't resolve host' let us know in a support ticket
- Cart Setup -> Payment Methods -> Standard Payment Methods
- If you are only using PayPal as a payment type, we strongly suggest temporarily adding a standard payment type like Money Orders to see if the process goes through. If that test goes through but the PayPal process does not, you can focus on the PayPal connection pieces only.
2. PayPal: Please note that if you want to use PayPal as a payment type, you must use a business account if you want to automate inventory control or log orders and sales. Personal accounts can be used with the cart, but the inventory control and order tracking will not work!
- My Account -> Profile -> Website Payment Preferences -> Auto Return
- If you are using PayPal as a payment type, you must turn the 'Auto Return' setting On. This automates the return back to Mals after a customer pays via PayPal. (If this setting is turned off, the cart will require the customer to push a button to go back to the cart, and not all customers will do this.)
- My Account -> Profile -> Website Payment Preferences -> Return URL
- The Auto Return setting requires a thank you page to return to after the payment is made. Mals creates a page automatically and submits it without any effort on your part. However, if you plan to use PayPal for any other reason, you will need to make a thank you page on your site. Create the page, following PayPal's thank you page rules (shown on the auto return setting page) and enter the URL in the space provided in PayPal.
3. Storeadmin: There are a few things you can check in your admin setup to make sure payments are processing correctly.
- Storeadmin -> Catalog Setup -> Mals-E Cart ID
- Make sure this is set to be your Mals-E user name. It's important there are NO spaces before or after the cart ID!
- Storeadmin -> Catalog Setup -> Mals-E Server
- Make sure this is set to be your Mals-E server. It should only be the www part (ie.ww8 or ww12, etc.)
- Options: Make sure that the site does not have any line breaks between options, and the attributes do not have any quotes or apostrophes or spaces. Options should be separated only by ~. In other words:
This works: Pink Cotton Candy~Bluebell Blue~Dandelion Yellow
This may fail: Pink "Cotton Candy"~'Bluebell' Blue~Dandelion Yellow
This may fail ( on separate lines ): Pink "Cotton Candy"
This may fail ( space before or after the ~ ): Pink Cotton Candy ~Bluebell Blue~ Dandelion Yellow
4. Limitations: Please note that the MM system's inventory control system decreases inventory automatically, if set up properly. It will also discourage a customer from ordering more than is available. However, it is not designed as a method to limit quantities for one of a kind items. Because the system uses a third party cart in Mals, we cannot guarantee that a customer will not try to change the quantity within Mals or otherwise try to order more than is available.